|For: C2-1100, C2-1150, C2-1200, C2-1250, C2-1350|
Note: this software is not guaranteed to work on Windows Vista.
Firmware version 265: c15_c2_1000_v265.exe
What happens when a firmware update is performed on a CORIO unit?
1. Changed 'cut' transition code to freeze last image and wait until new source is ready.
2. Improved color-space conversion between BT.601 and BT.709 (SD / HD video resolutions).
3. Improved black & color levels on all units.
4. Added black level control (0 or 7.5 IRE) for YUV inputs.
5. Fixed RS232 control of analog sync types.
6. Greatly improved motion compensation system.
7. Added support for 1080i YPbPr / SDI sources in motion compensation system.
8. Added noise reduction system for CV / YC / 1080i YPbPr inputs.
9. Added 'Frame / bob' method to de-interlacing system.
10. Added AMX Beacon to all units.
11. Added Aspect correct menu to allow for automatic aspect ration correction - in Adjust sources.
12. Faster input source switching, especially for RGB/YUV inputs.
NB: If using the CC-300 with this unit, you must upgrade it to the latest firmware: CC-300 CORIOconsole firmware updates
The above is a self-extracting file which includes the firmware data file, plus the firmware programmer. You will need a serial cable (D9 plug to socket) and a spare COM / RS232 port on your computer.
(Updated 26th August 2008 for latest hardware version)
1. Fixed problem where edge-blend setup would not be restored after power-up
2. Improved YPbPr HD output levels
3. Added H/V Crop feature, to ease conversion of different aspect ratios
4. Added pixel-accurate selection of 'input' and 'output' window for specialized applications (set Aspect adjust to Pixel)
5. Added Presets to all units (some require 'Advanced menus' set to 'On' in System menu). Allows storage of 10 different Output/Window/Keyer settings.
6. Genlock and Lock&Mix are temporarily disabled when the lock source is removed or is not stable.
7. New RS232 function to indicate when a video source is lost.
8. Max fade level % added to all units with overlay abilities.
9. Diagonal interpolation added to all up-scalers with overlay abilities - improves de-interlacing of moving images.
Changes since previous version:
1. Extra edge-blending option, providing 'side' adjustment where 2x2 (or more) blends are overlapped.
2. Improved edge-blending guide-lines - more accurate.
3. Made audio mute when in Standby mode on C2-1000/2000 units with built-in audio switching.
4. Increased button hold time for Factory Reset using RESTORE button to 5 seconds (was less than 1 second).
5. Wider range of gamma values now available when edge-blending (from 0.01 to 1.50in 0.01 steps).
6. Fixed bug where A2-2000 LED wouldn't go red in shutdown.
7. Changed menu-associated buttons (e.g. ZOOM on C2-1000) so that they only come on if at that menu AND adjusting.
8. Changed adjusting routine so that brackets stop flashing (i.e. can no longer adjust) after 20 seconds of inactivity.
9. Added menu item for 'Aspect change'.
10. Added in menu item for units with RGB input but no m.comp to allow selection between 'Normal' and 'Auto' De-int for 1080i input.
11. CC-300 buttons are now programmable from the C2 scaler it's attached to.
12. Added support for more S2 units.
13. Added 'On source loss' to 'Adjust sources' menu, so that user can define what should happen when a source is lost. Default is blue screen. This replaces the 'De-glitch' menu item in 'Adjust windows'.
14. Added to / altered resolution database file. Interlaced resolutions now show as field rate and not frame rate. (e.g. 1920x1080i 29.97Hz now shows as 1920x1080i 59.94Hz.)
15. Sync type (analog on C2-7000 series) is now stored with each resolution, with HD resolutions defaulting to tlYUV.
16. Increased allowable jitter for CV/YC inputs - fixes issue with VHS inputs on units.
17. Added automatic foreground / background swap on C2-1250. If KEY is active when PIP is not, then swap is set 'on'. Turns off if KEY is de-activated.
18. Improved black-level clamping for HD component input / output.
19. Made all down-convertors default to 90% size, when shrink is off.
Version 146: c15_c2_1000_1.0.45_v146.exe
1. Added 'E.blnd compensation' option to boost minimum brightness level in non-overlap area. This compensates for most projectors' inability to output true black.
2. Fixed issue where CC-300 initial connection might cause problems.
3. Added support for more S2 units.
4. Fixed CC-300 issue where negative numbers were not always allowed for.
5. Fixed CC-300 issue where blanking button did not always blank the correct output.
6. Improved motion compensation - better sensitivity to fast motion.
7. Eliminated occasional pixel sparkle when shrinking CV/YC video to low size on high resolution output.
8. Added 'RGB1 termination' option in System menu for units with PC/HD Loop output.
9. C2-1250 no longer defaults to have 'Swap fore/back' On.
Version 120: c15_c2_1000_1.0.44_v120.exe
1. Made Lock H/V shift item accessible when in Lock & Mix mode as well as Genlock mode.
2. Can now lock to a 525i/625i YUV / YPbPr source - but requires that source is clean and jitter free.
3. Added advanced field swap / line offset adjustment to Adjust source (set Advanced menus = On)
4. Changed description of some inputs to more closely match the physical connector type.
5. Fixed bug where tlYUV setting for HD outputs did not restore on power-up if saved.
6. Stopped non-overlay units reacting to MODE button on infra-red remote control.
7. Addition of 'Adjust transitions' menu item & transitions to Overlay-capable units (those ending in '50').
8. Increased maximum transition time to 999.9 seconds and improved transition time accuracy.
9. Now compatible with S2-105PC, S2-105PCA, S2-106AD, S2-105DVIA.
Version 96: c15_c2_1000_1.0.44_v96.exe
Changes since version 92:
1. Slightly improvement for scaling of HD images on C2-1100 and C2-1200.
2. Missing CV/YC inputs as 'Not valid' instead of PAL or NTSC.
3. Improved colour bandwidth on C2-1100/1150/1350.
4. Removed vertical line on NTSC CV/YC output on C2-1100/1150/1350.
5. Added SECAM output to C2-1100/1150/1350.
6. Reduced jitter visible on very high resolution (UXGA and above) analog RGBHV.
7. Units now more jitter-tolerant on analog RGBHV / YPbPr / YUV analog inputs.
8. Improved resolution detection on RGBHV / YPbPr / YUV analog inputs.
Version 92: c15_c2_1000_1.0.44_v92.exe
First public release.